8th October 2020 at 19:00 BST
- To update knowledge in biological therapies.
- To increase confidence in managing patients taking biological therapies and requiring dental care.
- To understand the mechanism of action and use of biological therapies.
- To recognise the potential impact biological therapies have on the body including the oral cavity.
- To be able to assess and treat patients taking biological therapies requiring dental care.
Emily Sherwin BDS MFDS MSc M Spec Care Dent Pg Cert MDTFEd
Consultant in Special Care Dentistry/Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Emily qualified from the University of Sheffield in 2007. She completed Vocational Training in Derbyshire then worked as a Senior House Officer in Special Care Dentistry and OMFS in the Merseyside region. Following this she worked as a dentist at the Aboriginal Medical Service in Sydney, Australia. On returning to the UK, she undertook Specialist Training in Special Care Dentistry in the Thames Valley region and completed the MSc at King’s College London. Emily works in the Department of Sedation and Special Care Dentistry at Guy's Hospital providing dental care to patients including the use of advanced sedation techniques and general anaesthesia, and is involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching. Her particular interest is in the dental management of patients taking bisphosphonates and biological therapies.
Consultant in Special Care Dentistry at Liverpool University Dental Hospital
This webinar will be eligible for 1 CPD point.
This will be made available to RCSEd Fellows, Members and Affiliates following the live webinar on 8th October 2020..