Exam Details - Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology
- Where and when is this exam being held? To be confirmed
- Contact our team to enquire about this exam
There are currently no live dates for this exam. Please check back later or contact a member of the Examinations team to enquire about booking.
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Phone: +44 (0)131 527 1600
Fax: +44 (0)131 557 6406
- How much will this exam cost? From £495 - View more information below
- Exam group: Dental Exam | See more Dental Exams
Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology
The Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology exam tests the ability of candidates to treat patients independently, or as delegated by a registered dentist. The range of skills to be tested in the examination include only those which are specified in the Learning Outcomes for Clinical Dental Technology.
- Passing this exam will indicate that a candidate has achieved the required learning outcomes for this Dental Care Profession category and it will entitle the holder to apply for registration with the General Dental Council as a Clinical Dental Technician.
- Successful candidates will also be eligible for Affiliation to the College. Affiliates may participate in educational and social activities related to the Faculty of Dental Surgery.
The Diploma in Clinical Dental Technology exam has two components:
- Written component
This includes two written papers. Each paper will consist of six short answer (MSA) questions and will be two hours in duration.
- Simulated cases
This is a structured oral exam consisting of four unseen cases. Each case will be of 15 minutes duration and there will be 15 minutes preparation time before each case. The candidate will be presented with scenarios relevant to Clinical Dental Technology as defined by the learning outcomes.
Candidates must provide certified evidence of the following.
- Satisfactory completion of a training programme signed by the Course Director or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a continuous assessment record in the form of a clinical log book completed during the candidate’s training. This should include a signed statement from the Course Director (or equivalent) confirming that the work detailed in the log book has been completed to a satisfactory standard.
- Evidence of registration with the General Dental Council as a Dental Technician.
Candidates will be permitted a maximum of four attempts at the examination.
Before applying for this exam, please ensure you have read and understood the relevant documentation.
Our Exam Policies and Procedures page will provide you with more general information about sitting an exam at the College.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are currently no Frequently Asked Questions associated with this exam. If you would like more information please contact us.
Phone: +44 (0)131 527 1600
Fax: +44 (0)131 527 6406