Tips & Tricks to Control Bleeding during Laparoscopy
17th February 2022, 19:00 to 20:00 GMT
This webinar supported by the RCSEd General Surgery SSB will cover tips & tricks for controlling bleeding during laparoscopy. During the session Mr Ravi Date, a Consultant Upper GI Surgeon at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, will outline a methodical approach to intraoperative bleeding during laparoscopy.
This webinar will consist of a series of real-life videos to:
• Recognise the severity of bleeding and adapt different strategies to control common types of bleeding.
• Identify the devices used in the definitive control of bleeding, and the risks associated with their inappropriate use.
• Demonstrate techniques to control bleeding.
At the end of the session there will be the opportunity to ask questions.
The webinar aims to teach a systematic approach to control bleeding from small to medium size vessels, safely and confidently, during laparoscopic surgery.
By the end of this webinar a trainee would have clear understanding of various types of commonly encountered bleeding, during laparoscopic surgery, dangers of inadvertent use of clips and energy devices like diathermy in controlling the bleeding. They will also learn systematic approach to laparoscopic control of bleeding.
Our panellists include:
- Mr Ravi Date, Consultant for Upper GI Surgery.
- Mr Chelliah Selvasekar, Consultant Colorectal and Laparoscopic Surgeon.
- Mr Shyam Matenhelia, Consultant Urological Surgeon.
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.
A recording of the webinar will be made available on this page in the days following the live broadcast.