Covid-19 & Surgery: Surgical Training & International Surgical Examinations
28th April 2021
Join us for the next webinar hosted by the RCSEd International Office. Covid-19 has caused a domino effect on surgical training around the globe. Due to concerns around safety the number of surgical procedures performed has dropped and the opportunities for trainees to operate has reduced significantly. In certain countries trainees have been reassigned to the front line to help treat Covid-19 patients. This has negatively affected their training and competencies. Has the training system adopted a new norm to cater to the training needs?
Apart from training, we are also witnessing the postponement and cancellation of surgical exams across the globe. Can advances in technology be used as a solution?
This session will be a platform to learn about the efforts that have been made to mitigate the negative effects of these issues.
Our panellists include:
Professor Dr April Camilla Roslani (Malaysia) - Covid-19: The Implication on Surgical Training
- She is currently the President of College of Surgeons Malaysia
- She is also the Dean of Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya
- President for the Malaysian Society of Colorectal Surgeons
- President, Asia-Pacific Federation of Coloproctology
- Chair, Conjoint Committee for Postgraduate Medical Degrees
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at the UM Medical Centre
Mr Zahid Raza (United Kingdom) - Impact of the Covid19 Pandemic on The International Surgical Examinations
- RCSEd Council Member, Course Director for the Edinburgh MRCS OSCE Preparation Course and RCSEd Convenor of Examinations.
- He is a is a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and his particular interests include vascular access and open aortic surgery.
- He has interest in postgraduate exams and teaching.
Professor Hanafiah Harunarashid (Malaysia) - Moderator
- Pro Vice-Chancellor of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur Campus).
- Member, Board of Directors RCSEd Malaysia
- President, Asian Surgical Association
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon, HCTM
- Intl Surgical Advisor of RCSEd
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.