FTSS - UK Webinars
The FTSS - UK webinar series are an important resource for trainees looking to consolidate their knowledge and understanding or keep up with the latest developments in their chosen field.
Each session usually lasts one hour and includes a lecture presented by an expert in their field as well as a Q&A session where attendees have the opportunity to ask questions.
All of the webinars are recorded and these recordings are made available in the College's webinar archive.
Click on the links below to access College webinars aimed at FTSS - UK Members.
- RSA Webinar Series for Doctors in Training: Clinical Case Scenarios
- RSA Webinar Series for Medical Undergraduates
- Webinars for Medical Students & Foundation Trainees
- FTSS Virtual Career Sessions
- Surgical Careers Support
You can also view an external interactive e-poster by Richard Mifsud which showcases the RSA webinar series and asks viewers to share their ideas on how we can share this resource with future medical students.
The FTSS Surgical Speciality Webinar Series
The FTSS Surgical Speciality series is aimed at those starting a surgical rotation or curious about a future career in surgery in the UK. This teaching series offers insider perspectives from trainees across diverse surgical specialities. An exclusive look into their weekly routines, shedding light on the pros and cons of their chosen specialities, the challenges they've faced and a succinct review of common cases they often encounter. Additionally, the sessions will also focus on portfolio and application process for each surgical training program. The uniqueness of this series is its focus on widening participation in surgical training. This teaching series is a collaborative initiative between the West Midlands Foundation Trainees Surgical Society(FTSS) and the Surgical Society of International Doctors(SSID).
Organisers: Dr Jefferson George, Dr Fraser Morgan, Ms Rebecca Lefroy, Mr Sriram Rajagopalan.
- Session 1: ENT Surgery - A Day in the Life & training application. Watch here.
- Session 2: GENERAL SURGERY - TRAINING APPLICATION & THE IMG PERSPECTIVE. Watch here.
- Session 3: OPHTHALMOLOGY: A DAY IN THE LIFE & PREPARING FOR THE MSRA EXAM. Watch here.
- Session 4: TRAUMA & ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY - TRAINING APPLICATION & THE IMG PERSPECTIVE. Watch here.