RCSEd Wellbeing Week
During challenging times for us all, the RCSEd Trainees' Committee is encouraging surgical and dental teams to take a few moments to focus on each other. Maintaining wellbeing is vital to enable the provision of optimal patient care. Wellbeing Week 2023 will be held from 22-26 May with both online and in person events taking place.
Themes that are being explored for this years Wellbeing Week include: Neurodiversity, The Art of Making a Mistake, Parenting as a Doctor and ‘Outside of the 9 to 5’.
- Register for our daily webinars
- Using Neuroscience to harness performance - Monday 22nd at 19:00
- Healthcare Art Club - Tuesday 23rd at 19:00
- Learning to live with our mistakes - Wednesday 24th at 19:30
- Wellbeing Week Yoga Class - Thursday 25th at 17:30
- Parenting as a doctor….the good, the bad and the downright funny - Thursday 25th at 19:00
- Surgery without borders - Friday 26th at 18:30
- Send us your Spotify theatre ‘songs’ – email a list of the songs you listen to during theatre to email@example.com and we will add them to our wellbeing week playlist
- Join our poetry competition -send your poems to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 28th May.
Find out more by re-watching our preview webinar, recorded on 25 January 2021.
During wellbeing week we are asking everyone to get involved and do a ’5 for 5!’. You can do 5k of exercise in any sport of your choice and donate £5 to UK Med who are a front line medical aid charity by clicking here.
Mind is a mental health charity that offers information and advice to people with mental health problems and lobbies government and local authorities on their behalf.
RCSEd is committed to supporting the wellbeing of all members and the wider healthcare force.
NHS Resources on Mindfulness.
|Sources of support for wellbeing from BMA|
|Creating a 10-Minute Pause Space|