Surgical simulation and eLearning: essentials in a post-COVID world
20th May 2020
In times of pressure, we must optimise the use of adjuncts to traditional surgical training. In this webinar a panel from RCSEd, the Scottish Surgical Simulation Collaborative and Edinburgh Surgery Online will explore recent progress in Surgical Simulation and in eLearning, how we could better integrate them into training, and what obstacles we might still face compared with other high risk industries. It will appeal to surgical trainees, trainers and programme directors.
This event is part of a short series of webinars focused on Surgical Simulation. You can find further information and register for these events here.
- Professor James Garden, Professor Emeritus, Director of Edinburgh Surgery Online
- Dr Vanessa Kay, Consultant Gynaecologist & Director of Surgical Skills, Dundee Institute of Healthcare Simulation
- Miss Anna Paisley, Consultant General and Upper GI Surgeon, RCSEd Council Member, Year 1 Director, MSc Surgical Sciences, Edinburgh Surgery Online
- Professor Kenneth Walker, Colorectal Surgeon & Associate Dean in Inverness, ex-chair of ScotSurgSim Collaborative, Scottish IST Simulation Lead
- Professor Steven Yule, Professor of Behavioural Sciences in Edinburgh, Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard, ex-director of Research & Innovation at STRATUS Simulation Center in Boston