RCSEd and The West Bengal Chapter of the Association of Surgeons of India - Joint Surgical Audit Meeting
3 November 2023
In September 2023, the ASIWB chapter joined with RCSEd for a trainees audit meeting and competition. The program was conceptualised and convened by Professor Diptendra K Sarkar (International Surgical Tutor and President of ASI WB chapter).
The preliminary competition, which had 11 applicants, was held on a virtual platform, and was judged by Dr Manas Roy (ISA) and Dr Sanjay De Bakshi (past ISA and Surgical tutor). Six trainees were successful in being selected for the final competition.
In the final round, the trainees presented their own audits. The programme was attended by more than 100 local surgeons including RCSEd examiners who were in Kolkata for the MRCS Exam, making for a lively and educational evening. The presentations were judged by Professor Ghulam Nabi and Dr Ian Hawthran on behalf of RCSEd. Dr Lopamudra Bose, a second year trainee, received the RCSEd-WBASI award. The winner was presented with a certificate and prize, and all hard working participants received certificates and congratulations from the judges and attendees.
RCSEd is delighted to have this valuable input from local ASI members, which adds value to our ongoing examination and education work in West Bengal.
- COVID-19: A trainee surgeon’s perspective 14 December 2020
- Clean Cut: Reducing Surgical Site Infections in Ethiopia September Update 15 December 2020
- Attributes of the Trainee Mirrored by the Trainer 09 December 2020
- The Effects of COVID-19 on Non-medical Practitioners in Surgery 01 April 2020
- The Value Chain and Education 30 September 2020