Course Details - Advanced Laparoscopic Suturing Course
- When is this course held?
17 Apr 2020 - 6 Nov 2020 (2 dates)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this course cost?
From £175 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Advanced Laparoscopic Suturing Course
Traditional teaching of laparoscopic suturing involves C and reverse C technique. It is a good suturing technique to begin with and it teaches how to make a perfect reef knot but the technique has its limitations. One of the major drawback of this technique is it doesn’t resemble any suturing technique used in open surgery and we found it difficult to learn.
Advanced laparoscopic surgery requires more skills to get the same knot at correct tension with economy of movements and also to make the knot secure in awkward places. This course will help you learn these skills. This technique is based on a commonly practiced technique in open surgery and hence easy to understand and learn.
We have been teaching this knot to our registrars for more than a decade and have run this course many times locally. We had excellent feedback from all our trainees so far. We hope to train more trainees using this teaching method.
ST3 and above. Gynaecology, Urology and other subspecialties involved in laparoscopic surgery
This once day course will deliver short teaching videos and hands on training
- At the end of this course, delegates will be able to: Complete a reef knot satisfactorily within less than minutes
- Demonstrate an increased level of skill in laparoscopic suturing
RCSEd Member Fee: £175.00
Full Course Fee: £195.00