Urgent Care around the World-How is Urgent Care Provided in other countries
6th December 2023, 19:00 to 20:00 GMT
This webinar; aimed at nurses, paramedics and doctors working in urgent care; will cover some of the major questions you have around how Urgent Care is provided around the world such as:
- Is Urgent Care provision in the UK unique?]
- Who provides Urgent Care in other countries?
- How are patients triaged?
- Is Urgent Care provided in hours as well as out of hours?
- Does Urgent Care have a career structure?
- What can we learn from Urgent Care Provision in other countries?
The webinar aims to provide an understanding of how urgent care is provided in other countries and what the UK can learn from other healthcare systems.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should have an understanding of Urgent Care Provision in North America, Europe and Australasia and what we can learn from other countries.
Our panellists include:
- Dr Paul Nystrom - USA. Certified EM and EMS Physician working in Rural Minnesota
- Dr Guy Melrose - Director of Professional Development, Royal New Zealand College of Urgent Care
- Dr AnneMarie Wuister - GP, Ambulance Doctor, Urgent Care Doctor and instructor at Schola Medica, Utrecht
- Rhys Hancock - Director of Nursing, Allied Health Professionals and Governance, BRISDOC Healthcare
- Professor Stuart Maitland-Knibb (Chair) – Director of the National Centre for Remote and Rural Medicine, University of Central Lancashire.
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.
A recording of the webinar will be made available on this page in the days following the live broadcast.