Acland Anatomy - a membership benefit to a high quality, online anatomy resource
RCSEd Fellows, Members and Affiliates Access
RCSEd College Fellows, Members and Affiliates can log in to access AclandAnatomy.com here. If you have any access problems then please contact the college by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over 300 narrated videos of real specimens
- Videos optimised for the web and for mobile and tablet devices
- Carefully preserved, expertly dissected human specimens in natural colour rendered in real life 3D
- Ability to build complex structures from bones and joints, to muscles, blood vessels and nerves
- Integrated review sections throughout the programme
- Downloadable PDF transcripts for use for personal revision or as teaching handouts
- Searchable content by anatomical regions or A-Z and glossary
- My Favourites tab for easy reference during review, laboratory or teaching time
- Email functionality which allows trainers to send specific video clips to trainees
Update from Professor David Sinclair, Professor of Surgical Anatomy:
I am very pleased to report that the College has invested in the AclandAnatomy.com anatomy resource, developed by microsurgeon and clinical anatomist Dr Robert Acland FRCS, as a benefit for all College Fellows, Members and Affiliates.
This dynamic online training resource will be of particular benefit to Affiliates studying for the MRCS examination, especially those with restricted access to anatomy specimens. The filming technique used provides a very helpful three-dimensional perspective of real anatomical specimens. This allows users to focus in on the structures and movements they are studying. Intelligent search and navigation tools make it easy to find the content needed to learn, revise or review.
In addition to being an excellent learning resource for trainees, AclandAnatomy.com will also be beneficial to Fellows and Members, both as a very useful practical revision resource and also as a powerful training and teaching tool.