The Perioperative Care Practitioners Intraoperative Non-Technical Skills (PINTS)
- When is this course held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this course held?
View location information
- How much will this course cost?
From £60 - View more information below
- Can I book online?
Contact our Education Section to enquire about future course dates.
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 Hours
- Course/Event group: Faculties Course | See more Faculties Courses
Perioperative Care Practitioners Intraoperative Non-Technical Skills (PINTS)
This one-day course enables perioperative care practitioners (PCPs) and surgical first assistants (SFAs) to improve their intra-operative performance and help them observe and rate intra-operative non-technical skills.
The non-technical skills of perioperative care practitioners play a significant role in patient safety. This course demonstrates our commitment to the global health priority of patient safety and why we support the World Health Organisation’s World Patient Safety Day.
Nurses, Surgical First Assistant (SFA), Surgical Care Practitioner (SCP), Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACP), Physician Associates (PA), Operating Department Practitioners (OPDs)
The course will be delivered with a small series of lectures/videos and interactive breakout sessions centred on small group work and the use of simulated scenarios from the operating theatre and other industries.
After having attended this one-day course you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of non-technical skills of all members during operative surgery;
- Identify the underlying principles of the non-technical skills which underpin good surgical performance as it relates to scrub practitioners, surgical first assistants, and surgical care practitioners.
- Identify and rate these cognitive and social skills using a taxonomy of behaviours.
Affiliate/Member, Faculty of Perioperative Care: £60.00
Course Fee: £80.00
Mr Jeremy Ward, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon