Post Covid – International Education and Assessment
27th July 2020
International activity is an important aspect of the College’s involvement in education, assessment and professional standards. The College’s reach overseas has been reinforced by International Surgical Advisers whose invaluable feedback makes us more relevant. 40% of the membership are International. The pandemic has brought us closer to discuss issues which are relevant and to offer solutions.
The panellists for this webinar have been chosen for their expertise in training, assessment and standards, they include:
- Mr Pala Rajesh, Vice-President RCSEd, who will chair the session introducing the college’s vision and aspiration for International graduates.
- Mr Stuart Clark, Council Member RCSEd and Dean of the International Postgraduate Deanery who will discuss the role of the Deanery, support for International graduates, induction and quality assurance of training during their stay in the U.K.
- Dr Rose Jarvis, Policy Lead and MTI Lead and Ms Sophie Slavin, MTI Officer, from the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC) who will provide an overview on the role of the AoMRC.
- Mr Sai Vittal, International Surgical Adviser (Chennai, India) and Convener of MRCS Exams (Chennai, India) who will discuss the role of the local examiner in the organisation, tips and tricks and forthcoming diets of the examinations in India.
- Mr Timothy Graham, Council Member RCSEd and Chair of Professional Standards who will discuss standards in general and the role of the college in accreditation and exam development.