Introduction to Robotic Surgery for the Extended Surgical Care Team
- When is this course held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much will this course cost?
From £100.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?
See Location Specific Details
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
A one-day course for members of the extended surgical team to gain an introduction to Robotic Surgery using the Intuitive Da Vinci platform. The course will provide the opportunity for discussion of key elements in planning and running robot-assisted cases with experienced practitioners. In addition, it will provide hand-on opportunities for those looking to develop roles in first assisting for robotic-assisted cases.
- Non-medical members of the peri-operative surgical care team
Particular relevance to Surgical Care Practitioners looking to develop roles in first assisting for robotic procedures.
Lectures, discussions and practical sessions including hand-on experience of the DaVinci platforms.
- To gain invaluable experience of the Intuitive DaVinci robotic platform. This course will be of particular benefit to those wishing to develop skills as a first assistant in robotic-assisted cases.
- To gain an understanding of the role of the patient side assistant with an opportunity to discuss the role with experienced practitioners.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
To gain proficiency in sterile draping; docking/instrument exchange/camera-arm navigation/undocking.
To gain an understanding of effective port placement as well as robotic instruments.
To gain experience on troubleshooting including clashing/visualisation issues/faults
To discuss management of emergency scenarios and to learn top tips for team development
To gain a greater understanding of the expectations placed on patient side assistants and operating surgeons, thus supporting the development of a more in-depth appreciation of the management of ‘routine’ and emergency scenarios.
Course Fee: £110.00
Course Fee for RCSEd Members: £100.00
Course Fee for FPC Members: £100.00
Mr Edward Mains, Consultant Urological Surgeon, NHS Lothian
Ms Jennifer Ayers, ST7 Urology, Western General Hospital