Excellence in Report Writing (Online) delivered by Bond Solon on behalf of RCSEd
- When is this course held?
20 Jan 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £200.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 hours
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
Excellence in Report Writing (Online) – delivered by Bond Solon on behalf of RCSEd
An expert’s report is a vital element in litigation. It must be clear, succinct, independent, and well presented. An excellent report is also one of the most effective marketing tools that an expert will have in their career. Reports are seen by many professionals during litigation and often new instructions are received from opposition lawyers.
Many experts create their own report writing style or adopt other people’s generalised formats, having rarely received constructive feedback from lawyers on what is required from their written evidence.
This course explores what lawyers and the courts expect and require from an expert’s report. You will be taught how to assess your own and other experts’ reports. Working with our model format and techniques received during the training you will be able to produce, quickly and consistently, reports that are court compliant and can withstand cross-examination. As with all our courses, you will receive a comprehensive workbook to be used as an aide-memoire.
Plenary sessions, case studies and group exercises.
- Identifying the issues to be addressed in your report
- Using a structured approach to preparation and writing
- Using appropriate language and considering the clarity of expression
- Expressing an independent view and arguing your conclusion
- Handling supporting information
- Developing an objective and critical eye in relation to your report
- Insulating your report against cross-examination
- Dealing with procedural requirements and the correct declarations to include
After attending this one-day course you will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills learned to produce a court-compliant report that will withstand cross-examination.
Course Fee RCSEd Member: £200.00
Nick Deal: Nick was called to the bar in 1989 and had a common law practice, that included dealing with personal injury, family and commercial disputes. Nick has represented clients before all levels of courts in the UK. He joined Bond Solon’s training team in 2004 and is now the lead expert witness trainer for the business. For Bond Solon Nick delivers a number of expert witness courses: Excellence in Report Writing; Courtroom Skills; Cross-Examination; Law & Procedure; Experts’ Discussions. He is also heavily involved in the Annual Bond Solon Expert Witness Conference, the largest gathering of expert witnesses in the UK.