SAS and Locum Consultants Committee
The College has an elected SAS Member that sits on the College Council and also on the SAS Committee with a view to represent the views and requirements of our SAS membership, within the College and externally.
Ms Victoria Dobie is the current elected SAS Representative on Council. She is an Associate Specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Borders General Hospital in Melrose. Since 2011 she has served on the College SAS and Locum Consultant Committee and has been the SAS representative on the Orthopaedic Surgery Speciality Group since 2012.
Other members of the SAS Committee are:
- Professor John Duncan OBE (Chair and RCSEd Vice President)
- Ms Ailsa Bain
- Mr Ross McKinlay
- Mr Ommen Koshy
- Mr P Ghosh
- Mr Awani Choudhary
Committee meetings are held twice a year.
If you are an RCSEd member in an SAS or Locum grade, please help us to communicate relevant information to you by ensuring your profile is up-to-date.
- GMC - Applying for entry on to the Specialist Register with a CESR (GMC)
- BMA - SAS contract information
- BMA - A UK guide to job planning for specialty doctors and associate specialists
- NES - NHS Education Scotland (NES) SAS doctors' information
If you require any information relating to the Committee's activities, please contact Irene MacDonald - email@example.com.