RCSEd Opportunities for Affiliate Members
4 August 2020
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh would like to congratulate Arian Arjomandi Rad, the recipient of our 2020 Cardiothoracic Surgery Medical Student Elective Travel.
After returning from the elective in ICLAS, Ligurian High Specialty Clinical Institute(Italy) in July 2020, Arian shared his thoughts about the experience:
The great complexity, intricacy and potential for innovation which exists around cardiothoracic surgery was one my main motivators in undertaking the following elective. The elective supported me in my objective of becoming a future highly skilled surgeon and a leader in the field of cardiac surgery.
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Cardiothoracic Elective Award broadened my understanding of cardiothoracic surgery and made me determined to pursue this unique specialty in my future. It allowed me to gain a deep insight into the potential for innovations in the field and motivated me into pursuing other opportunities to explores other aspects of this specialty such as Robotic and minimally invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery.
Find out more about opportunities available to RCSEd Affiliate Members here.
- Proud of the Best 25 March 2020
- The clouds will go away and the sun will shine on us again 10 June 2020
- Royal College Announces New Development to Support Humanitarian Healthcare Professionals 27 August 2020
- Update on the RCSEd International Doctors’ Manifesto 01 October 2020
- Update from RCSEd Policy and Public Affairs Team 14 January 2021