Beginning a consultant career in skull base surgery: what do I need to know?
7th June 2023, 19:00 to 20:00 BST
This webinar will focus on a discussion between a recently appointed and a senior surgeon about the various highs and lows, challenges and expectations of a career in skull base neurosurgery.
- To discuss what it takes to succeed in skull base surgery.
- How best to prepare during training.
- Discuss management of complications.
- Discuss the importance of team working.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should:
- Have an understanding of what is involved in being a skull base consultant.
- Have an idea on how to prepare for the role.
- Understand how to manage common complications.
Our panellists include:
Mr Bill Taylor, Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow.
Mr Anthony Wiggins, Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh.
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.
A recording of the webinar will be made available on this page in the days following the live broadcast.