Robotics in Thoracic Surgery: Introduction and tips for success
12th July 2022, 19:00 to 20:00 BST
This webinar is designed as an introduction to, as well as practical step-wise guide to application of robotic systems to thoracic surgery. There are 2 parts to the webinar - An initial technical section will introduce the Da Vinci Xi system with theatre set-up, port placement and docking etc. A second part will include talks on the role of the SCP, robotic fellowship experience and also operative videos on specific procedures including dissection techniques and lung resections.
- Introduce the use of robotics in thoracic surgery
- Discuss the role of the bedside assistant
- Explain aspects of training in robotic thoracic surgery
- Demonstrate basics of technical aspects of robotic thoracic surgery.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should have familiarity with the Da Vinci Xi system, training in robotic thoracic surgery, and learn tips on how to perform parts of RATS lobectomy.
Our panellists include:
- Mr Lawrence Okiror, Consultant Thoracic Surgeon, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals.
- Mr Oliver Harrison, ST8 Cardiothoracic surgery (Wessex Deanery) and current Robotic Fellow, Guy’s Hospital (OOPT).
- Miss Liza Mills, SCP in thoracic surgery, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals, Robotic SCP and bedside assistant.
- Mr Vivek Srivastava, Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT.
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.
A recording of the webinar will be made available on this page in the days following the live broadcast.