Awarding of CPD to Courses and Events
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh are a body recognised to award CPD. If you have an event you are organising and are looking for this to be awarded CPD, please download the application form below and return this to the relevant CPD Administrator.
Please contact the Education Department if you have any queries.
Phone: 0131 527 1600
Surgical Applications: Surgical Application Form
Dental Applications: Dental Application Form
AoMRC Standards and Criteria for CPD Activities – A Framework for Accreditation
The Directors of Continuing Professional Development (DoCPD) of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AoMRC) Committee comprises representatives from all the 20 Colleges and Faculties, the General Medical Council (GMC) and the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM). Since 2008 the DoCPD Committee has been reviewing Continuing Professional Development schemes to harmonise them across all Colleges and Faculties in preparation for the introduction of revalidation.
The latest publication from this group is 'Standards and Criteria for CPD activities, a Framework for Accreditation'
The accreditation process is based on the following aims, which are reflected in the standards and criteria:
- To ensure that the content of the event is relevant to the CPD of career grade doctors
- To increase the learning to be gained from CPD activities
- To minimise bias and conflicts of interest
- To encourage the appropriate evaluation of educational activities
- To maintain a published list of accredited activities to aid the completion of CPD portfolios
- To provide a transparent process open to scrutiny
- To provide a thorough but also administratively simple and flexible process
A link to the full document is available here: AoMRC Standards and Criteria for CPD Activities – A Framework for Accreditation