Supporting our SAS Surgeons through COVID-19 and beyond
17th August 2020
SAS surgeons are important members of the surgical team who provide vital support and stability to their units. Their roles have changed during the Covid-19 pandemic. They are a crucial part of our workforce that require support for continuing professional development and their progression.
This webinar explores the future of these grades and how our existing education and assessment processes can contribute to enhancing their roles.
Our panellists include:
- Professor S Michael Griffin OBE, RCSEd President.
- Mrs Victoria Dobie, Associate Specialist in Trauma and Orthopaedics, NHS Borders, SAS Representative on Council, RCSEd.
- Mr J S Jayadeep, Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics, North Cumbria NHS Trust, Regional Surgical Advisor for RCSEd, who will speak about his recent experience of achieving CESR status.
- Mr Gareth Griffiths, Chair of Joint Committee on Surgical Training (JCST).
- Mr John McGregor, Chair of Joint Committee on Intercollegiate Examinations (JCIE).
Step by step guide for SAS doctors – ISCP
Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration or Certificate of Eligibility for GP Registration application – GMC
How is my application assessed? - GMC
Certification Guidelines and Checklists – JCST