You and the external environment - Navigating volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity - Learn and grow for the future
23rd November 2020
As a healthcare worker you may have experienced certain challenges in navigating your work environment prior to the current pandemic. COVID-19 has caused huge shifts in life, life-style, work, and society in general causing deepening of such challenges. Seismic shifts in the past such these have seen irreversible change.
Where do you find yourself in this volatile, complex, uncertain and ambiguous environment?
The ABC of coping is generally held to be keeping active, taking breaks, and staying connected. Beyond just coping, resilience is about surviving by navigating the challenges and creating new opportunity to survive, thrive and lead yourself, others, and organisations successfully.
In this webinar, the final in a series of four, we have the huge privilege of having one of the world’s foremost healthcare thinkers, Prof Donald Berwick from Boston, USA on the panel. Prof Berwick will tell us his perspective on the impact of COVID-19 on the future of healthcare and advise us on how to deal with it.
- Prof Donald Berwick - President Emeritus and Senior Fellow, Institute of Healthcare Improvement, Boston, USA.
Prof Berwick co-founded and led the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) as President and CEO for 19 years. He is one of the world’s leading authorities on health care quality and improvement. In July 2010, President Obama appointed Dr Berwick to the position of Administrator of the Centres for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which he held until December 2011.
- Dr David Caesar - Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Scotland.
- Prof Michael Griffin - President of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Ali Mehdi - Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, NHS Borders, Scotland, UK, Executive MBA Scholar, Warwick Business School, UK.
- Omo Okonkwo - Cosmetic Dentist, Leadership and Wellbeing Coach, Executive MBA Scholar, Warwick Business School, UK.
- Mathew Sewell - Paediatric and Adult Spinal Surgeon, Barts Healthcare FT, Executive MBA (Distinction), Warwick Business School, UK.
- Vivek Srivastava - Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT, Oxford, UK, Exec MBA scholar, Oxford Brookes Business School.