Edinburgh Surgery Online
Run in partnership with the University of Edinburgh, the Edinburgh Surgery Online suite of Postgraduate eLearning programmes offer a range of options for surgeons in the various stages of their training.
The programmes are based on the UK Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum and provide the opportunity for trainees to select those advanced modules relevant to their declared subspecialty, and supports learning for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) examinations. There are currently specialty specific ChM programmes for General Surgery, Urology, Trauma & Orthopaedics, Vascular & Endovascular and Clinical Ophthalmology. Full details of all Edinburgh Surgery Online programmes can be found on the following dedicated programme websites:
- MSc in Patient Safety and Clinical Human Factors
- MSc in Primary Care Ophthalmology (Cert, Dip and MSc level)
- ChM in General Surgery (Master of Surgery)
- ChM in Urology (Master of Surgery)
- ChM in Trauma & Orthopaedics (Master of Surgery)
- ChM in Vascular & Endovascular (Master of Surgery)
- ChM in Clinical Ophthalmology (Master of Surgery)
The MSc in Surgical Sciences
If you are focused on a career in surgery you will need to turn your attention to the demands of sitting the Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) examination and competing for surgical training posts. This unique programme helps you both work towards passing your MRCS exam and gain a highly regarded MSc in Surgical Sciences. The first two years follow the UK Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum and prepare students for the MRCS exam. The third and final year allows the student to undertake a research project that can be focused on their own specialist surgical area of interest and leads to an MSc in Surgical Sciences.
- MSc in Surgical Sciences (Cert, Dip and MSc level)