Research, Travel and Award Opportunities
Over the last 20 years, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh has committed over £7 million to support over 700 individual surgeons working in university departments and hospitals throughout the UK and internationally, enhancing the College’s surgical research aims and ambitions. This professional development support is mainly conducted through:
- Research Fellowships
- Travelling Fellowships
- Awards and Medals
- Student Bursaries
- All Grants, Fellowships, Professorships and Bursary Awardees 2017
- All Grants, Fellowships, Professorships and Bursary Awardees 2018
- All Grants, Fellowships, Professorships and Bursary Awardees 2019
The Research Committee, Ophthalmology sub-committee and Ethicon Board contribute to the achievement of these aims by awarding a diverse range of grants, fellowships and bursaries each year, the results of which have been a vast array of projects and research which have influenced surgical practice nationally and internationally.
To highlight the College's commitment to improving patient care, we publish a biennial Research Report which promotes the investigative work carried out by recipients of the College's awards and grants. Please find below the latest RCSEd research reports:
- Download the 2016-2018 Research Report
- Download the 2014-2016 Research Report
- Download the 2012-2014 Research Report
- Download the 2010-2012 Research Report
For further information about any of the fellowships, awards, grants or bursaries offered by the College, please contact Cathy McCartney, Research and Grants Co-ordinator, Development and Partnerships Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (+44) 131 527 1618.