Introduction to Humanitarian Healthcare Online Course
COMING JANUARY 2021
This online course has been developed in partnership with the Operations Partnership, UK Med, FRRHH and developed to RCSEd education standards. The course will be available to all FRRHH members as a membership benefit and will be used as part of the pre deployment training for all UK Med volunteers.
Purpose of the course
The purpose of the Introduction to Humanitarian Healthcare Course is to introduce healthcare professionals interested in deploying to humanitarian emergencies to the following key areas;
- the basics of humanitarian medicine
- maintaining good medical practice in humanitarian emergencies
- humanitarian principles
- who is who in humanitarian deployments
What will you gain from the course
- Participants will gain from the course an in depth overview of humanitarian medicine and humanitarian deployment that will help inform their decision about doing this work and a framework for them to reflect upon any humanitarian work they may have already done
- In addition, this course hopes to provide healthcare professionals the opportunity to join a wider humanitarian community in what we hope humanitarian healthcare professionals will grow to feel will be their professional home. The faculty will look to facilitate peer to peer support and mentoring to support the development of this fast moving field of medicine.
Who the course is for
- healthcare workers interested in deploying to humanitarian emergencies
- healthcare workers who have deployed to humanitarian emergencies and wish to reflect on their experience