Exam Details - Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry for Dental Therapists
- Where and when is this exam being held? To be confirmed
- Contact our team to enquire about this exam
There are currently no live dates for this exam. Please check back later or contact a member of the Examinations team to enquire about booking.
- How much will this exam cost? From £495 - View more information below
- Exam group: Dental Exam | See more Dental Exams
Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry for Dental Therapists
The Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry for Dental Therapists exam tests the knowledge, skills, and attitudes relevant to the practice of Paediatric Dentistry. This exam is designed for Dental Therapists and Graduates in Oral Health Sciences.
- Prove that you have a core knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of Paediatric Dentistry
- Demonstrate your competence in the diagnosis, treatment planning and delivery of Paediatric Dentistry within the scope of practice of a Dental Therapist
The Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry for Dental Therapists exam is divided into two components.
- A written examination which consists of two written papers
- Paper 1 is a two hour written paper consisting of six questions in the form of structured short answers (MSA)
- Paper 2 is a 60 minute MCQ paper (Single Best Answers) consisting of a maximum of 60 questions
- Simulated cases
- A structured oral examination of four unseen clinical cases, each of 20 minutes duration. There will be 20 minutes preparation time before each case
To be eligible to enter the Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry for Dental Therapists exam, all candidates must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council or equivalent international regulatory body.
- Have undertaken and completed the online course for the Diploma in Paediatric Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Provide certified evidence of possession of a primary dental qualification in Oral Health Sciences or Dental Therapy that is acceptable to the College at the time of application for the RCSEd online course, which precedes the examination.
- Ideally have gained two years post-qualification experience as a Dental Therapist or as a Graduate in Oral Health Sciences before applying, however this is a recommendation only.
Candidates will be permitted a maximum of four attempts at the examination.