RCSEd Course Accreditation
Having a course accredited by the College shows that it meets the same rigorous internal quality assurance processes as courses within the College’s educational portfolio. By having your course accredited, you will receive the below benefits:
- Assurance for prospective attendees that the course meets our exacting quality standards
- Use the College logo on the marketing and certificates for the accredited course
- Support and feedback on course design and delivery
- Use “accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh” on course material
- Listing on the RCSEd Accredited Courses area of the College website
- Award of CPD points for the course
Applicants submit an online form, along with the course programme and previous course evaluations. This is reviewed by our expert panel. If the application is provisionally accepted at this stage, then the convenor will be contacted in order to arrange attendance at the course by a member of our expert clinical review panel. Following a successful report, accreditation will be awarded for a determined period.
CPD points can be awarded up to 10 days prior to the course. Details regarding CPD only can be found here.
The College will endeavour to respond to all applications within four weeks of receiving them.
Applications for accreditation can be made here.
|For information on centre accreditation visit the centre accreditation page.|
RCSEd Surgical Course Accreditation Fees
The following fees are for the accreditation of short (up to 5 days) surgical courses or events (face to face or online).
Stage in Accreditation Process
Not For Profit
|Application and Review Fee||£150||£500|
|Accreditation Fee per Annum||£100||£350|
|Renewal Fee at 3 Years||£100||£200|