A Living Legacy

Supporting RCSEd: Leaving a Gift to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh

 A day at work for a surgeon can be a lot of things: saving a life, curing insufferable pain, consoling a patient at their lowest and smiling with them at their happiest. It can be giving good news and bad news, offering hope to loved ones, feeling the weight of that responsibility and then going above and beyond to deliver time and again. 

Leaving a gift in your Will to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh will provide the crucial support surgeons need to transform lives in every corner of the world every minute of the day. We offer research opportunities to gifted surgeons with the vision and drive to transform lives.  We help surgeons reach international standards so that patients across the world can expect exceptional care irrespective of borders. We provide critical support to countries where insufficient resources are stretched beyond breaking point. We curate surgery’s proud heritage in the UK’s largest medical museum.

How to give 

You can make a difference to health and wellbeing across the planet by putting a gift in your Will. 

For further information, please contact the Development Department at development@rcsed.ac.uk.

We recommend seeking the advice of a solicitor when making or changing your Will.

Free Will Service

The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh has partnered with Thomas Bradley & Co who offer a Will for Charity service, which includes a Free Will for any of our supporters aged over 50. In the last year, Thomas Bradley clients have pledged legacies of £4.7 million to UK Charities.

  • You decide which charity or charities you want to support, although we would be very grateful for a legacy pledge to help our cause.
  • The Gift can be as little, or as much as you want. Why not consider 1% for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, which leaves 99% for your family.
  • You can change your mind at anytime – Thomas Bradley & Co will write a new Will for you.
  • You never pay the legacy – it is paid to the charity by your Executor after you die.

The process is very simple. Please call Thomas Bradley & Co on 0330 390 9200 and they will agree a mutually convenient date and time for an appointment to take your Will instruction. For the North of England and Scotland this can be a free home visit.


Documents


back to top of page