International Postgraduate Deanery - Information for Trainees
Upon successful completion of training, trainees from both routes will be invited to become a Member of the International Postgraduate Deanery (MIPDEd). Route 2 trainees will be individually matched to a post to ensure that the placement best suits their training needs and skill set.
Eligibility/who can apply?
- Be resident outside the UK/EU/EEA at the time of application
- Not be in receipt of any provisions relating to UK/EU/EEA nationality
- Have obtained a primary medical qualification acceptable to the GMC
- Have obtained an acceptable postgraduate qualification
- Have demonstrated their English language proficiency
- Have completed basic medical training in their country of origin
- Have completed at least one year of specialty practice at the point of application
- Have been in clinical surgical practice for 3 of the last 5 years, including the most recent 12 months immediately prior to seeking registration with the GMC
- Be able to provide the College and the GMC with a Certificate of Good Standing (CGS)
- Route 2 only: Be resident in a country listed as one of the UK Department for International Development (DFID) or World Bank Low Income and Lower Middle Income (LI&LMI) countries.
Trainees pay a different fee depending on their training route.
Trainees entering through Route 1 pay £775. Trainees entering through Route 2 pay £1000.
Trainees entering through both routes of the IPD training programme will benefit from the same experience once they commence their GMC registration.
What is included in the fee?
The fees paid cover the costs of running the International Postgraduate Deanery including staffing and administration. They also cover:
- Extensive pastoral support throughout the programme
- Finding a UK placement (if Route 2)
- High levels of quality assurance
- Detailed step by step guidance on applying for visas/GMC registration
- On completion of the programme, an invitation to the RCSEd Diploma Day post nominal of MIPDEd with Membership of the International Postgraduate Deanery.
How can I apply?
Applications can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications which have already been initiated will be accepted under IMGSS until 31st May. Applications made through RISFP will automatically be transferred to Route 2 of the IPD.
If you are unsure as to which scheme you should apply for, please contact email@example.com