Invasive Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
4th October 2023, 19:00 to 20:00 BST
This webinar series is aimed at foundation doctors and core surgical trainees who are aspiring to pursue a career in plastic surgery. It will consist of 14, one hour sessions that focus on the ISCP plastic surgery curriculum. We aim to improve basic knowledge of the different sub-specialties within the field of plastic surgery. By covering these topics in greater detail we hope to better prepare applicants for plastic surgery ST3 posts.
The general aim of this series is to improve plastic surgery teaching for junior doctors below ST3 level. This will enable easy and free access to good quality teaching delivered by consultants and senior registrars. The nature in which it is delivered will allow access to trainees from a wide variety of backgrounds both within the UK and internationally.
The 14 sessions will each explore a specific sub-specialty within the field of plastic surgery in order to give trainees a better prespective of what a career in plastic surgery entails. This will allow them to make a more informed decision when applying for ST3 posts.
We aim to cover the basic management of each of the core learning objectives set out within the national ISCP plastic surgery curriculum so trainees are better prepared when taking up an ST3 post.
By the end of this webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Recognise the patient with Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Know the basic principles of rhinoplasty
- Know the basic principles of liposuction and autologous fat grafting including its indications e.g. breast augemention.
- Know the different types of face lifts e.g Deep plane, SMAS etc.
- Recognise the increase in cosmetic tourism.
Our panellists include:
- Ms Natalia Makhdoom - CT2 working in the west midlands.
- Dr Jude Afieh - CT1 - Swansea
- Dr Yaldasadat Hashemipour - CT1 - Swansea.
- Mr. Fahad Mirza (Speaker) - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon (FCPS Plastic Surgery) Altamash General Hospital, Pakistan.
To be eligible to receive CPD hours for webinar attendance you must connect for the full duration of the webinar AND complete the feedback survey.
Visit our FAQ for further information relating to webinar CPD.
A recording of the webinar will be made available on this page in the days following the live broadcast.