Obturation and prevention of recontamination of root canal system
6th November 2019 at 20:00 GMT
The aim of this webinar is:
- To discuss the materials used for endodontic obturation
- To discuss some of the techniques used for endodontic obturation
- To outline techniques used to prevent recontamination of the root canal system
- To understand the role of obturation as part of the endodontic treatment procedure
- To highlight the importance of the coronal restoration after treatment
- To raise awareness of the different materials and techniques available for obturation and restoration
Dr Brian Stevenson, Consultant/Hon. Senior Clinical Teacher in Restorative Dentistry University of Dundee.
Brian graduated from the University of Glasgow in 2000 and spent the first few years of his career as a General Dental Practitioner in Edinburgh. He subsequently completed a PhD at the University of Edinburgh whilst working and teaching at both Edinburgh and Glasgow Dental Schools and Hospitals. He undertook an accredited five year training in Restorative Dentistry at Dundee and Aberdeen Dental Hospitals.
He has been employed as a Consultant in Restorative Dentistry in Dundee Dental Hospital since 2011 and has worked in Blackhills Specialist Dental Referral Clinic since 2012. He is registered with The General Dental Council as a specialist in Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics.
This will be made available to RCSEd Fellows, Members and Affiliates following the live webinar on 6th November 2019.