Graphic Designer & Videographer
Circa £25,000 per annum, dependant on experience
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh is an independent membership organisation concerned principally with the education, training and assessment of Surgeons, Dental Surgeons and Doctors who are involved in the surgical care of patients. Founded in 1505, the College currently has a membership approaching 27,000 in approximately 100 countries throughout the world.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the look and feel of all the Marketing and Communications material for The Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. The role holder will support the College and in particular the Marketing and Communications team with strategic thinking, creative solutions and design and layout to present the College well and to engage with its members and stakeholders. You will champion the Brand Guidelines and make sure that all material is consistent and of the highest quality across of all of our channels in print or online. The work is varied and exciting but will often have tight timescales so being able to think creatively and work to deadlines is very important.
The role holder will be required to offer design solutions in print, digital and on video to all areas of the College. You must be both a team player and have the ability to work unsupervised on day to day tasks. The successful candidate will be able to take a brief directly from the director/manager or colleague, offer creative insights and see the job through to completion either electronically or in printed form.
The role holder will be able to operate in a PC/Microsoft environment on Adobe Creative Suite (Mainly InDesign and Photoshop). Understanding of video editing and Adobe Premier would be desirable.
Daily tasks include:
- Design and layout of print material such as (education/exam/event) fliers, brochures, booklets, reports, posters, banners and stationery.
- Design and layout of web graphics and social media graphics to support the College Twitter/Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Design and layout of various graphics for the weekly newsletter
- Design and layout of powerpoint slides for various presentations
- Using the studio camera for quick location based photographs
- Storyboarding, filming and editing of video content
Major projects include
- Annual Report, College Prospectus, Company Profile and Faculty brochures
- Management of the College brand guidelines to ensure that all communications is consistent and engaging
- Management of daily email requests and ability to discuss design request and briefs from colleagues and faculty heads
- Full understanding of print/prepress and ability to acquire print quotes and printed material
- Middleweight Graphic Designer
- Considerable experience in graphic design
- Qualified Graphic Design with good knowledge of all Adobe Packages and all Social Media and Video channels
- Understanding of the Print process and the ability to tender for print to obtain good value for money and high quality output.
- Ideally a good understand of how to develop compelling and engaging videos which can be used across all social channels.
- Good people skills and an ability to think creatively and proactively.
Please note that we do not accept CVs and agencies need not apply.
The date of interview will be confirmed in due course.