New Lay Member to the Lay Advisors Committee
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh is currently recruiting a new lay member to the Lay Advisors Committee.
Being a member of the College’s dynamic Lay Advisors Committee is a challenging, but incredibly rewarding voluntary role. Lay Advisors Committee exists to provide the College with independent lay advice and perspective on our core activities, and on issues relating to surgery and healthcare. The College are seeking and individual of any background who has an interest in healthcare, and who would like to support the College in its role at the forefront of quality and standards within surgery, dentistry and allied areas of healthcare. The LAC is not a patient group, and we are looking for people who will bring their enthusiasm, experience and expertise as we develop College business.
Core responsibilities as a LAC member will include:
- Provide the lay voice and contribute their relevant professional expertise as formal members of College groups and committees
- Contribute to consultations on non-clinical matters
- Represent the College on external forums
- Support the work of the College with their professional experience and expertise
- Act as advocates for the College and its activities
- Develop a proactive annual work programme for the LAG
LAC members are expected to attend LAC meetings, which take place 3 times a year in Edinburgh, however, facilities are available to attend meetings virtually as necessary. Members of the Committee are expected to become involved in the work of College committees. We are currently recruitment to fultill lay attendance on the following areas:
- Professional Standards Committee
- Academy of Medical Royal Colleges Lay Group
Travel costs to the College are covered in line with the College’s expenses policy and, if necessary, overnight accommodation is provided.
To apply, complete the below application form, outlining in a personal statement why you would be suitable for the role. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the Sunday 18th November.
Candidates successfully shortlisted must be available to attend an informal interview, either in person at the College or via video conferencing. If successfully appointed, new members must be available to attend in person at the College or via video conferencing the following meetings:
17th March 6:30pm