RCSEd Affiliate Fellowship Programme
We are pleased to invite applications to the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh’s Affiliate Fellowship Programme. This is a superb opportunity for creative, hard-working, aspiring surgeons to make a significant contribution to College activity, and would be a major asset to any portfolio at Core and Higher surgical training selection.
The two successful candidates will:
- develop and lead a project designed to promote surgical careers;
- become a co-opted member of the RCSEd Trainees’ Committee;
- build professional networks throughout the College and beyond;
- gain experience and understanding of national level professional medical organisations;
- receive complimentary two year Affiliate membership.
To eligible for this position, applicants must provide:
- Proof of Affiliate membership throughout the Fellowship period (the Membership exam may be taken during the period of the Fellowship). Applications for Affiliate Membership may be submitted simultaneously with this application.
- Completed personal details form which can be found at the bottom of this page
- Letter of support from medical school / programme director / clinical director.
- A shortlist of five candidates to be determined by the RCSEd Trainees’ Committee, based on scoring of the written applications;
- The selection of the final two candidates will be made following interview (can be undertaken in person or via video conferencing)
Each proposed project should seek to develop and implement an innovative approach to promoting surgical careers.
Credit will be given to proposals that demonstrate particularly creative approaches.
The proposal should be considered achievable within the duration of the Fellowship (two years). The College will provide mentorship and logistical support to the successful applicants.
Affiliate Fellows will serve a two year term between February 2020 and February 2022. Travel and accommodation expenses will be provided by the College where necessary. It is expected that the successful candidates will spend between 5-10 days per year undertaking College activity, either in Edinburgh or elsewhere.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than midday on 3 January 2020.