Trainees Committee Elections
The Trainees’ Committee of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh was established in August 2012. In the short time that it has been in place, the Committee has become the main conduit for ensuring that the views of trainees are considered in all aspects of the College’s activities. Their activity to date has included:
- Negotiating with HMRC for tax relief for mandatory trainees’ fees
- Developing position statements on current issues
- Involvement in College working groups considering a range of areas of professional interest
- Regular engagement with organisations such as the BMA, GMC and the Academy of Royal Medical Colleges
- Participation in working groups on topics such as flexible working and bullying and harassment
RCSEd is now looking for five trainees to join the Trainees’ Committee by election from within the trainee members of the College.
Applicants must be surgical Members of RCSEd at ST level, in good standing with the College, who are in NHS training, academic or research posts.
The positions will be for a period of two years and it is a pre-requisite of standing for election that you have permission from your Programme Training Director. There is also an opportunity to extend the term for a further 12 months.
The application form can be found downloadable below.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday 27 January 2017.