Tri-Collegiate Membership in Paediatric Dentistry
Applications are invited for appointment to the Panel of Examiners for Membership in Paediatric Dentistry.
All applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
- be a Dental Fellow or Member of one of the Royal Colleges in the United Kingdom or Ireland
- have held a Primary Dental Qualification recognised by the GDC for registration purposes for a period of not less than 10 years
- have been on the relevant GDC specialist list for a minimum of 1 year
- be engaged in active clinical/academic practice in the specialty
- be active in postgraduate dental training/education/ teaching
- be in good standing with the GDC/GMC/IMC or equivalent body and not under investigation by any Trust/employing body
- be able to provide the names and contact details of two referees
- show commitment to the practice of their specialty
- normally be able to complete one term of office before retirement from clinical practice
Appointments will be made for a period of five years in the first instance, subject to annual review, with extensions considered by the Tri-Collegiate Examination Board.
To remain on the Panel examiners are:
- required to undertake training prior to and during involvement in the examination
- expected to provide questions for written paper and clinical questions banks when invited to do so
- actively participate in ensuring that the examination is of the highest standards
- attend mandatory training courses
- evaluate the performance of candidates in the examination (including marking written papers) whilst upholding the principles of equality and diversity
- assist in the compilation of question papers for the written and clinical scenario sections if requested
- protect the confidentiality of the examination question bank
All successful applicants must attend an observation and training day after appointment. Applicants should be aware that there may be the possibility that they will be invited to examine overseas in future diets of the examination.
This examination is run by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Applications should be received by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh by Friday 30 March 2018 at the latest.
Any queries regarding the role should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org