Membership in Orthodontics Examiner Vacancies
Applications are invited for the Faculty of Examiners for the Membership in Orthodontics of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MOrth RCSEd). The Faculty of Examiners comprises individuals who can undertake assessment of candidates for the award of the Membership in Orthodontics.
All applicants should fulfil the following criteria;
- A Dental Fellow or Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh or should affiliate prior acceptance.
- Have held a Primary Dental Qualification recognized by the GDC for registration purposes for a period of not less than 10 years.
- Have been on the relevant GDC specialist list for a minimum of 3 years.
- Be engaged in active clinical/academic practice in the specialty.
- Be active in postgraduate dental training/education/teaching and assessment.
- Be in good standing with the GDC/GMC/IMC or equivalent body and not under investigation by any Trust/employing body.
- Show commitment to the practice of their specialty
- Normally be able to complete one term of office before retirement from clinical practice.
Appointments will be made for a period of five years in the first instance, subject to annual review, with extensions considered by the Specialist Advisory Examination Board in Orthodontics.
To remain on the Panel examiners are:
- Required to undertake examiner training provided by the college prior to and during involvement in the examination.
- Expected to offer to participate in one home diet per year and provide questions in a timely manner for the case banks banks when invited to do so.
- Actively participate in ensuring that the examination is of the highest standards of conduct consistent with the regulations of the General Dental Council.
- Protect the confidentiality of the examination question bank.
The application form, referee form and the criteria for applicants can be found on the College website www.rcsed.ac.uk under the Dental Faculty home page.
For further details contact:
Miss F Gibb
Senior Examination Administrator
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
Direct line: 0131 668 9224
Closing date for applications: Friday 13 January 2017
Applications which are incomplete by that date will not be processed.