Examination Assessors for Tri-Collegiate Dental Specialty Memberships
Applications are invited for appointment to the panel of assessors (currently these are; Membership in Oral Surgery, Membership in Paediatric Dentistry and Membership in Special Care Dentistry).
All applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
- be a Dental Fellow or Member of one of the Royal Colleges in the United Kingdom or Ireland
- have held a Primary Dental Qualification recognised by the GDC for registration purposes for a period of not less than 14 years
- have been on the relevant GDC specialist list for a minimum of 4 years
- have examined in a Specialty Membership Examination on at least 5 occasions
- be engaged in active clinical/academic practice in their specialty
- be active in postgraduate dental training/education/teaching be in good standing with the GDC/GMC/IMC or equivalent body and not under investigation by any Trust/employing body
- be able to provide the names and contact details of two referees
- show commitment to the practice of their specialty
- normally be able to anticipate completion of at least two years of the five year appointment before retirement from clinical practice
Appointment will be for a period of five years in the first instance renewable by the Tri-Collegiate Specialty Examination Executive
To remain on the Panel, assessors are required to:
- undertake training prior to involvement in the examination
- actively participate in ensuring that the examination is of the highest standards
- attend mandatory training courses
- evaluate the performance of examiners in the examinations whilst upholding the principles of equality and diversity
- provide a short written report on the overall performance of examiners for circulation to the Tri-Collegiate Examination Board Chair and to TSMEE
- comment on the suitability of the venue and conduct of the examination including the performance of actors comment on administrative aspects of the conduct and organisation of the examination.
All successful applicants must attend a training day shortly after appointment.