Resources to Help Change the Culture
Present at your hospital. We want you to spread the word that disruptive behaviour is not acceptable. We have two presentations available; a ten minute and a thirty minute version for you to present at grand rounds or departmental meetings in your own hospitals. Guidance notes are attached at the end of each slide.
This emodule guides you through the facts, identifies the problem and suggests ways of managing our own behaviour in order to change the surgical culture. CPD accredited. RCSEd online account holders can access the emodule by logging in with your RCSEd account here. Non-RCSEd online account holders will first need to register to create an online RCSEd account here. Once you have registered, you can then log in to complete the emodule with your new RCSEd account here.
Professional development course
We are currently developing a bespoke course designed for surgeons and dentists, showing us how to get the best out of our professional relationships. To register your interest in this course please email email@example.com
Ask your organisation if you can set up a monthly Schwartz round. These are group meetings for all staff where the emotional and social aspects of working in healthcare are discussed. For more information and to find out how to register please contact the Point of Care Foundation.
Tackling Undermining and Bullying in the NHS Event, 8 February 2018, Birmingham
A one-day event was held in Birmingham with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) to focus on developing practical solutions to problems around bullying and undermining. The presentations from the event are available in the following list:
- Bullying and Harassment UK and International Perspectives: Malcolm Wright
- Introducing a Professional Behaviour Workshop: David Riding
- Lessons Learnt from Outside the NHS: Elizabeth Nassem
- Setting an Example – Institutional Behaviour and How to Change It: Jim Mackey
- Tackling Bullying Behaviour - The British Orthopaedic Association: Philip Turner
- The Role of CQC in Tackling Bullying and Undermining Behaviour in Healthcare: Iona Thorne
- Unconscious Bias, Bullying and Behaviour Change: Scarlet McNally
- Workplace Bullying Champions: Rachna Bahl
- Outcomes Behavioural Training of Consultants: Sian Jaggar
- When We Permit Rudeness Our Patients Die Unnecessarily - Chris Turner
- Calling all budding filmmakers – RCSEd launches the 2017/2018 Video Competition!
- Tackling Bullying and Undermining in Surgery and Dentistry eModule
- Bullying and Undermining Campaign – Let’s Remove it
- College Focuses on Support and Openness in wake of Ian Paterson Conviction
- Let us Operate with Respect
- RCOG Undermining Report