Care Quality Commission New Five Year Strategy
« View all Press Statements
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh has responded to the Care Quality Commission’s [CQC] consultation on its’ new five year strategy.
Whilst agreeing with the CQC’s ambition to become a more efficient and effective regulator that is relevant and sustainable, RCSEd made a series of additional points that could result in a more robust strategy. These points included;
- The need for an increased focus on assessing the integration of care and the effectiveness of co-ordination, as opposed to individual providers. RCSEd believe that it is important that patients have confidence that there will be seamless transition between hospitals and social care.
- Efforts to spread good practice depends on accuracy and reliable data. As such, the CQC should make sure underperforming organisations record accurate data despite other pressures.
- The National Freedom to Speak up Guardian will have to be seen to be able to support confidential reporting if whistle-blowers are not to experience the adverse effects on their jobs and employability, currently all too frequently reported with the current systems.
- The current financial climate makes targeting a necessity. However, RCSEd believes that all organisations, even the outstanding and good ones, should be inspected intermittently by unannounced inspections to ensure the standards are maintained.
RCSEd will respond to the strategy upon publication of the final version in due course.
For further information on this and other RCSEd responses, please contact Andrew Mullinex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
RCSEd (www.rcsed.ac.uk) was first incorporated in as the Barber Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1505, and is one of the oldest surgical corporations in the world with a membership of over 23,000 professionals in over 100 countries worldwide. The College promotes the highest standards of surgical and dental practice through its examinations, and is also increasingly involved in the provision of surgical training and education, offering the UK’s only Faculty of Surgical Trainers, open to all those with an interest in surgical training regardless of College affiliation. RCSEd’s commercial enterprises offer conferencing and event facilities at The Playfair Building, Symposium Hall and Quincentenary Hall, and runs the Ten Hill Place Hotel.
The College is based at Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9DW and can be reached on (0)131 527 1600 or email@example.com.
For communications and media enquiries contact the Communications Department on (0)131 527 1594 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Press Statement Archive
Select a year and month from the headings below to view Press Statements from that month.
Press Statement Tags
- Junior Contract (22)
- NHS England (21)
- 24/7 NHS Care (6)
- Trainees (5)
- Health and Social Care (2)
- Manchester (2)
- NICE (2)
- Sepsis (2)
- Discharge Delays (2)
- Discharge delays (2)
- Staff Morale (2)
- Surgical Training (2)
- Public Health Funding (1)
- Failings in Care (1)
- NHS Scotland (1)
- Scottish Academy (1)
- NHS Funding (1)
- Queen's Speech (1)
- Off Patent Drugs Bill (1)
- CQC Adult Inpatient Survey (1)
- Waiting time targets (1)