The Perioperative Practitioner: Advancing Surgical Care
« View all News items
Who's Supporting Who?
17 October 2015, Birmingham
The role that Surgical Care Practitioners (SCPs) and Surgical First Assistants (SFAs) play in the wider surgical team has evolved and become increasingly important to the safe delivery of surgical care to patients. However, appropriate recognition of and support for individual practitioners has been slow to develop.
This unique one day conference, being run in conjunction with AfPP, will allow delegates to explore current and future challenges facing SCPs and SFAs and the role RCSEd can play in providing support.
Conference Aims & Objectives:
- to discuss with delegates the current and prospective needs and challenges facing perioperative practitioners
- to consider provision of support, lobbying and continued professional development by RCSEd and AfPP
- to address education and standards for perioperative practice through a proposed Faculty
- to hear about opportunities to further affiliate with RCSEd and help shape the future development of recognition, education and support for perioperative practitioners
Mr Norman Briffa
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Mrs Tracy Coates
Safety & Learning Lead NHSLA
Mrs Susan Hall
Co-lead Advancing Surgical Roles Group, AfPP
Prof James Hutchison
Mrs Sue Lord
Immediate Past President, AfPP
Prof George Youngson CBE
Past Vice-President RCSEd
- Surgical Care Practitioners (SCPs)
- Surgical First Assistants (SFAs)
Macdonald Burlington Hotel
Birmingham B2 4JQ
Select a year and month from the headings below to view news items from that month.