The FRRHH Fellowship
Applications for the FRRHH Fellowship Fund have now closed
The FRRHH Fellowship fund aims to facilitate healthcare professionals’ access and exposure to different healthcare systems and contexts that will develop the knowledge, skill and experience required to work in remote, rural, and humanitarian healthcare.
This fellowship, much like remote, rural, and humanitarian healthcare teams, is multidisciplinary; and we encourage healthcare professionals from across the globe and at all career grades to apply including clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals. Applicants may work as part of the dental team, the ambulance service team or within public health, irrespective of healthcare professions, we welcome all to apply.
FRRHH are able to award up to £5000 per individual applicant, to support activities and projects including research, educational development, professional training, or travel opportunities relating to remote, rural, or humanitarian healthcare.
Examples of projects and activity include:
Research reviews and research reports
- Research that plans to review literature on a subject. For example, the current state of WHO EMT programme, infant feeding /nutrition in humanitarian crises etc…
Education and Training
- Attendance at a conference, course, or meeting
- Placement, internship, traineeship
- Experience of different healthcare systems and contexts
- Programmes that facilitate shadowing opportunities to increase observational knowledge between private, public, and third / NGO sectors.
We are delighted to bring this fellowship to our members so early in the faculty’s development and could not offer this exciting fellowship without the support of our membership and donors in particular, The International Centre for Excellence in Emergency Medicine (CEEM).
We hope to offer this fellowship on a yearly basis in order to support three of our key goals;
- Actively support the professional development of remote, rural, and humanitarian healthcare professionals
- Spotlight, the talents, experience, and innovations of remote, rural, and humanitarian healthcare professionals
- Support and inspire future generations of remote, rural, and humanitarian healthcare professionals to access opportunities to gain access to this exciting, rewarding and fast developing professions
The deadline for applications is Friday 1 October 2021, 12pm BST
The application form can be downloaded below. Please also see the application guidance pack for further information on the Fellowship criteria and application process.