The RCSEd Triennial Conference
The Modern Surgical Team: the Future of Surgery
Thursday 22 and Friday 23 March 2018, Edinburgh
The President of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh is pleased to invite members of the surgical team to the College’s flagship Triennial Conference 2018 in Edinburgh, from Thursday 22 to Friday 23 March 2018.
'The Modern Surgical Team: the Future of Surgery' is for everyone who is involved in surgical practice, care and delivery. It will examine major themes that affect everyone who works as part of the surgical team, addressing important questions, such as:
- What will the surgical workforce look like in the future?
- What is the answer to the NHS staffing crisis?
- How will we train future generations of surgeons?
- How can we make good decisions under pressure, and what can we do when things go wrong?
- How much do we really know about the safety of cutting-edge surgical devices?
- What role will perioperative practitioners play in the future of surgical team and what impact will this have on surgical training?
We will focus on the hot topics and emerging issues of the day, and explore innovation in surgical education, training and technology. There will be opportunities to learn from and network with a wide range of experts in different fields. Our speakers include:
- Sir Ian Kennedy QC – Chair of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority and leader of the enquiry into the activities of Ian Paterson
- Brigadier Tim Hodgetts – Medical Director of the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine
- Mr Craig McIlhenny – Director of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers
- Professor Rhona Flin - Emeritus Professor at the University of Aberdeen School of Psychology, and Psychological Advisor to NASA, the nuclear industry and the Cabinet Office
- Ms Helen Mohan –President of the Association of Surgeons in Training and General Surgery SpR, Ireland
Please keep an eye on the Triennial website for more information.
For any further queries, please contact email@example.com or telephone +44 131 527 1645.