Event Details - Thyroid and Parathyroid Masterclass
- When is this event held?
7 Mar 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this event held?
View locations and dates
- Birmingham - RCSEd
- How much does this event cost?
From £234 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this event?
Yes, 6 points
- Course/Event group: Surgical Event | See more Surgical Events
Thyroid and Parathyroid Masterclass
Using case-based discussions and expert lectures, this intensive one-day workshop provides an opportunity to improve your knowledge of thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Delegates are encouraged to bring details of a complex case they wish to discuss. The faculty are experienced thyroid and parathyroid surgeons and experts from other specialities with interest in thyroid and parathyroid disease. The course is run in conjunction with the British Association of Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgeons (BAETS) and is the association’s annual masterclass.
Relevant Grades: ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, SAS, Consultant
Lectures and small group discussion sessions on both common scenarios faced by thyroid and parathyroid surgeons and the complex/re-operative scenarios.
- Discuss indications for thyroid and parathyroid surgery, preparation for surgery, operative principles and postoperative management.
- Explain and be better prepared in dealing with difficult cases.
Course Fee: £259
RCSEd Member: £234
RCSEd Affiliate: £234
Prof Saba Balasubramanian, Consultant Surgeon and Honorary Professor, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and University of Sheffield