Event Details - RCSEd 2020 Triennial Conference - Making it Better
- When is this event held?
4 Jun 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this event held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - Other
- How much does this event cost?
From £120 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this event?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Event | See more Surgical Events
RCSEd President, Professor S Michael Griffin OBE, is looking forward to welcoming you to the College's flagship Triennial Conference on 4-5 June 2020. The event theme is ‘Making it Better for Everyone’ using #makingitbetter and is for all involved with the care and delivery of surgical and dental practice in the UK and worldwide.
The conference will consider major themes that affect everyone who works as part of these teams, addressing key challenges that impact on the workforce in the workplace. This Triennial congress promises to inspire, through a range of plenary and parallel interactive sessions, on the topics such as ‘Making it Better for Consultant and SAS, Trainees, you and your well-being, the working environment and ultimately for patients. The Conference will also include a symposium to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the death of Sir James Young Simpson and will include two eponymous lectures from Dr Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer in Scotland and Dr Valerie Rusch, President of the American College of Surgeons.
The programme will cover sessions on Making it Better for Patients, The Workforce, The Environment, You and your Family, Your Well-being and the Working Environment.
- Allied Professionals
- Medical and Dental Students
This two day conference will comprise of plenary lectures, interactive breakout sessions, panel discussions, oral free paper sessions and poster displays
- Dr Catherine Calderwood, Chief Medical Officer for Scotland
- Dame Clare Marx, Chair, General Medical Council,
- Professor Hilary Sanfey, Professor of Surgery & Vice Chair for Education, Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine – Department of Surgery,
- Professor Carrie MacEwen, Chair of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges
- Brigadier Robin Simpson, RCGP Veterans Champion, Professor of Military Primary Healthcare and Veterans Health University of Chester
- Mr John Peters, Director, Monkey Business, Insight to Action, Action to Performance
Professor R W Parks, Vice President, RCSEd
- Course Fee for Consultants: £350.00
- Course Fee for RCSEd Member- Fellows: £320.00
- Course Fee for Non Consultants: £280.00
- Course Fee for RCSEd Member- Members: £200.00
- Course Fee for Medical Students/Foundation Doctors/Allied Professionals: £150.00
- Course Fee for RCSEd Affiliates: £120.00
- Course Fee Senior Fellow - Member: £120.00