Event Details | 3rd Annual Welsh National Surgical Conference
- When is this event held?
14 Mar 2020 (1 date)
- Where is this event held?
View locations and dates
- How much does this event cost?
From £RCSEd Affiliates, Cardiff University Surgical Society Members, Swansea Surgical Society Members: £12, Non-Members: £15 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Course/Event group: Surgical Event | See more Surgical Events
Cardiff University's Surgical Society and Swansea University's Surgical Society are working in collaboration with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh to run the 3rd annual Welsh National Surgical Conference. This year’s conference will take place in the Michael Griffiths building at Cardiff University Heath Park Campus on the 14th of March, Saturday. Our theme for the conference is "Overcoming the Challenges of Surgery". The morning will comprise of talks and a panel Q&A session from several guest speakers, and a selection of oral and poster presentations. There will also be an afternoon of surgical workshops and our event will conclude with prize-giving and wine networking.
We welcome medical students at any stage in their education as well as foundation year doctors with an interest in surgery.
Aims & Objectives
We aim to provide an opportunity to present surgical research, where presentations will be judged by consultant surgeons. We also hope to provide an incredible opportunity to network whilst developing your portfolio and an appreciation of surgery through participation in various skills workshops and presentation competitions held during the day. There will be opportunities for discussion with consultant surgeons and the College about a career in surgery and for delegates to see the work of their peers.
- To gain experience in presenting and feedback from judges will be available.
- To gain practical surgical experience through participation in various workshops.
- To partake in the sharing of student-research via poster and oral presentations.
- To appreciate the possible challenges that one might face in a surgical career and how they were overcome.
You do not need to be presenting a poster or oral presentation in order to attend. Delegates will also receive a certificate of attendance.