Courtroom Skills (Online) delivered by Bond Solon on behalf of RCSEd
- When is this course held?
23 Feb 2022 (1 date)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £200.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 hours
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
Courtroom Skills (Online) – delivered by Bond Solon on behalf of RCSEd
This one-day course will provide expert witnesses with the core skills to effectively present opinion-based evidence in court under cross-examination.
The witness box is a lonely place. Many experts feel they are on trial rather than giving independent testimony to assist the court. Often, experts are unfamiliar with the court environment, but a poor performance can undermine confidence and credibility.
Courtroom Skills is an intensive and highly practical training day. Firstly, we examine the theory, practice, and procedure of giving evidence, demystifying the process. Then an experienced lawyer-trainer will cross-examine some of the delegates and provide constructive feedback on their evidence-giving performance. As with all our courses, you will receive a comprehensive workbook to be used as an aide-memoire.
Plenary sessions, case studies and role-play.
- Gaining an overview of how the court systems works
- Understanding your role as an independent educator of the court
- Identifying key skills of presenting effective evidence
- Determining the techniques lawyers use in cross-examination and how to handle them
- Expressing an opinion based on the foundation of fact
- Learning how to give confident, clear testimony under cross-examination
After attending this one-day course you will be able to:
- Apply the skills learned to be an expert witness and to effectively present in court under cross-examination.
Course Fee RCSEd Member: £200.00
Nick Deal: Nick was called to the bar in 1989 and had a common law practice, that included dealing with personal injury, family and commercial disputes. Nick has represented clients before all levels of courts in the UK. He joined Bond Solon’s training team in 2004 and is now the lead expert witness trainer for the business. For Bond Solon Nick delivers a number of expert witness courses: Excellence in Report Writing; Courtroom Skills; Cross-Examination; Law & Procedure; Experts’ Discussions. He is also heavily involved in the Annual Bond Solon Expert Witness Conference, the largest gathering of expert witnesses in the UK.