Course Details - Trans-anal Endoscopic Microsurgery Course (TEM)
- When is this course held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much will this course cost?
From £698 - View more information below
- Can I book online?
See Location Specific Details
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 18 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Trans-anal Endoscopic Microsurgery Course (TEM)
This three-day TEM course is a unique combination of a practical hands on course aimed at providing delegates with the technical skills to perform TEM surgery and observed real-time operating in the Edinburgh Colorectal Unit. The assembled faculty includes consultants with a vast experience in rectal and TEM surgery supported by Frau Mailaender, specialist tutor for TEM from the University of Tuebungen.
We will discuss and impart the skills required to treat both early rectal cancer and large rectal adenomas by a minimally invasive approach. The course is strongly supported by Richard Wolf UK Ltd who will provide eight TEM stations for eight delegates to allow TEM operating on realistic surgical models under the guidance of sizeable faculty ensuring close supervision and mentoring.
Senior Specialty Trainees and Consultants in Colorectal Surgery
Relevant Grades: ST4, ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, Consultant
Hands-on practical course with expert tuition, plus live surgery demonstration.
To provide an introduction and competency in Trans-anal Endoscopic Micro-Surgery and Equipment Handling
After attending this course delegates should be able to:
- Identify the instrumentation required and set-up for TEM surgery.
- Perform under supervision a full thickness excision /closure.
- Perform under supervision a SM resection/full thickness.
- List the pitfalls of TEM surgery and describe how these can be addressed.
Course Fee: £775.00
RCSEd Member/Fellow Course Fee: £698.00
Mr David N Anderson & Mr Chinnappa Reddy