Course Details - Training the Trainers: Trainer Development Course
- When is this course held?
24 Sep 2020 - 24 Nov 2022 (14 dates)
- Where is this course held?
View locations and dates
- Birmingham - RCSEd
- Edinburgh - RCSEd
- How much does this course cost?
From £405 - View more information below
- Can I book online?:
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 12 Hours
- Course/Event group: Surgical Course | See more Surgical Courses
Training the Trainers: Trainer Development Course
This course is designed to meet the day-to-day needs of educational supervisors, clinical supervisors and trainers in the UK, and looks to build on the success of the previous Training the Trainers courses.
Current and aspiring educational supervisors, clinical supervisors and trainers (senior trainees and consultants). Those in or about to take on an ES, CS, or training role in the UK.
Relevant Grades:ST5, ST6, ST7, ST8, SpR, SAS, Consultant
Much is expected of trainers; they must coach, mentor, assess, monitor, supervise, design educational activities, and model good practice with many pressures competing for their time.
Underpinned with educational principles, theory and evidence but with a strong emphasis on the practical this course aims to equip trainers with the tools they need to fulfil their obligations and evidence their activity as part of the impending GMC trainer approval process. Delivered by clinicians for clinicians with educationalist support, the emphasis of this course is on practical solutions for time pressured trainers.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify training needs;
- Apply teaching principles;
- Apply GMC standards for training;
- Prepare and deliver a presentation;
- Use appropriate models for giving feedback;
- Teach a practical skill;
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of different training systems;
- Describe role of assessors in quality assessment;
- Discuss and apply principles of managing trainees in difficulty;
- Apply human factors in training.
Course Fee £450.00
Course Fee for RCSEd Member/Fellow £405.00
Mr Iain McVicar