Course Details - The Online MFDS Part 2 OSCE Preparatory Course
- When is this course held?
To be confirmed
- Where is this course held?
View location information
- How much will this course cost?
From £65.00 - View more information below
- Can I book online?
Contact our Education Section to enquire about future course dates.
- Is CPD awarded for this course?
Yes, 6 points
- Course/Event group: Dental Course | See more Dental Courses
The Online MFDS Part 2 Preparatory Course
The course is designed to help improve candidates' performance in the MFDS Part 2 Examination via practice sessions with 'mock' OSCE stations and discussions with examiners on the pitfalls and problems commonly encountered with the examination process.
Candidates who are planning to sit for the May Diet of the MFDS Part 2 examination (dates released soon).
The Course will be delivered entirely online via a series of lectures, group discussions and OSCE sessions.
As a result of the course being online, there are certain points that candidates should be aware of:
- All candidates must have a MAC / PC with admin access to install Zoom
- All candidates must ensure that they have a strong and reliable internet connection to allow for video conversation.
- All candidates must have a webcam and a microphone. A microphone headset is highly recommended but not mandatory
- The OSCE stations will use simulated patients for communication skills and examiners give structured individual feedback with candidates both observing and taking part in the mock sessions.
- Candidates will be expected to maintain confidentiality with respect to other participants within the OSCE stations
The course structure includes short lectures, discussion groups and OSCE stations and aims:
- To familiarise participants with the Part 2 OSCE format of the examination
- To give delegates an opportunity to observe and assess candidate performance in mock OSCE examinations
- To and provide expert feedback on OSCE performances from an examiner’s perspective and help delegates identify gaps in their knowledge and skill base
- To give delegates the opportunity to ask questions during a Q&A session
On completion of this course participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the level and breadth and depth of knowledge and skills required to be successful in the MFDS Part 2 examination.
- Describe the OSCE format of the MFDS Part 2 examination
- Evaluate candidate performance and identify gaps in their knowledge and skill base relevant to the MFDS Part 2 examination.
Course Fee: £65.00
Claire Curtin & Jane Wardman